APMA Weekly Focus:
April 10, 2012
CMS Delays Enforcement of Version 5010; Proposed Rule Announces New ICD-10 Date
Citing challenges and issues affecting upgrades to Version 5010, updated HIPAA Transaction Standards, CMS recently announced it will not initiate enforcement against HIPAA-covered entities until after June 30, 2012. In an effort to assist physicians, CMS has updated its Version 5010 Page and other resources.
In a proposed rule issued by CMS on Monday, April 9, CMS announced the ICD-10 implementation date will be October 1, 2014, pushing back the original October 1, 2013, deadline by one year. APMA will review the proposed rule and submit comments as appropriate. In the meantime, APMA encourages members to prepare for the ICD-10 transition. Visit the APMA ICD-10 Resource Page for valuable information to assist your practices.
Sent: Wed 18/11/09 10:27 AM
RE: APMA Coding Resource Center (CRC)
From: Kathleen M. Stone, DPM
Dear Colleagues, as the APMA Educational Foundation President, I would like to tell you about a remarkable resource that has been a great investment in my practice and in our profession. A goal of APMA’s Vision 2015 is attracting the best and brightest to our colleges, and one way we can all participate in this goal is by subscribing to the APMA Coding Resource Center (CRC).
As a subscriber, you will have access to the most updated coding and billing information while investing in a resource tool that provides scholarships to podiatric medical students. As an association, APMA reinvests CRC proceeds into APMA programs and the Educational Foundation which provides annually 150 – 200 scholarships to podiatric medical students. To subscribe, click here
. For more highlights, continue reading…
• CRC’s $189.00 annual subscription rate for APMA members provides access to CPT®, ICD-9 and HCPCS priced at 1/3 the cost of purchasing CPT®, ICD-9 and HCPCS books, and 1/3 the cost of other electronic options.
• CRC is accessible via high-speed Internet connection – in the office, hospital, ASC, or home.
• Log in and use throughout the day with multiple users.
• With a few clicks navigate from CPT® to state Medicare LCDs to ICD-9 (“ICD-9 Quick List”) and links to CCI edits, Access updated 2010 ICD-9.
• Coming soon… CRC will offer CPT procedure code links to ICD-9 coding examples, DME Local Coverage Determinations, latest CCI edits, and a new tab – Reference – which lists hundreds of reference websites.
Ongoing costs for this dynamic on-line coding resource are offset by a generous grant from Merz Pharmaceuticals, which allows APMA to offer this low-cost, comprehensive, state-of-the-art coding and billing resource while reinvesting proceeds in APMA programs and Scholarships. On behalf of the APMA Educational Foundation Board, thank you for considering the CRC as your coding resource tool.
Kathleen M. Stone, DPM, President, APMA Educational Foundation